Research and Development Tax Credit
Since 1985, ABGi has been providing the highest level of service for the Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit for our clients. By using our unique Business Component Approach with an established nexus, ABGi maximizes the R&D Tax Credit, while at the same time providing superior documentation to ensure that the claim stands up to the highest level of IRS scrutiny.
In a recent IRS published article, the following facts were posted in regards to actual R&D credits claimed:
- $11.6 Billion in R&D Expenditures were reported on individual and corporate tax returns;
- Manufacturing was actually the largest sector to claim, but only 6,219 of 15,873 Manufacturers actually took the credit (39%);
- Businesses of $250 Million of sales or more account for 14% of all claims made, but this 14% accounts for 84% of the total credits claimed;
- Companies with less than $50 Million in sales account for 72% of all filers, but this represents only 11% of the credits claimed.
Clearly the R&D Credit is severely underutilized; this is where ABGi USA can help you!
R&D Tax Credit Benefits
- Provides a dollar for dollar reduction on federal and some state income tax liability;
- Taxpayers can claim Federal R&D Tax Credits retroactively, and receive cash back by filing amended returns for the past three years;
- Approximately 36 states have their own R&D Tax Credit programs to reduce state tax liability;
- Eligible small businesses previously limited by the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) can use the R&D Tax Credit to offset AMT, and effective as of 2016, they can use the R&D Tax Credit to reduce their tax liability;
- Incentivizes innovation in the USA by ensuring the retention of highly skilled personnel in the USA; and
- Any R&D Tax Credit not used can be carried forward up to 20 years.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive our articles on innovation and be informed about the latest ABGi news and events.
Work with us
Be part of our team